Release date: 7/21/2021
- "Hash caching" was introduced to significantly reduce the amount of CPU and disk I/O operations when calculating cryptographic hashes of executable modules as these are loaded in running processes. Before, hash calculation was causing performance problems for some users on Citrix and Terminal Servers.
- Huge log files are a thing of the past. We have implemented a mechanism to keep log sizes limited, with these limits configurable via registry.
- 0patch Agent used to have the default Windows API behavior when it comes to using SSL/TLS versions, which was causing problems for users requiring TLS 1.1 or 1.2 on older Windows systems and required manual configuration. The new agent supports TLS 1.1 and 1.2 even on older systems such as Windows 7 or Server 2008 R2 by default.
- 0patch Console no longer crashes if launched while another instance of 0patch Console is already running. Now, launching a second 0patch Console puts the already running console in the foreground.
- 0patch Console's registration form had "SIGN UP FOR A FREE ACCOUNT" and "FORGOT PASSWORD" links swapped. This has been corrected.
- With 0patch FREE, some notifications occasionally failed to get closed and were left hovering indefinitely, making it impossible for users to reach the screen area behind them. This has been corrected.