Frequently Asked Questions
Interested in 0patch but puzzled about how it works, what it can do for you, how much it costs, what risks it introduces? Here are answers to the most common questions we get from our existing users, prospects, and the information security community. If you don't find the answer you are looking for, don't hesitate contacting us via email firstname.lastname@example.org and ask - this way you'll not only get your answer but also allow us to update our answers for other users coming here.
- Which Windows products has 0patch "security-adopted"?
- Why use 0patch?
- How many 0patch micropatches are relevant to my computers?
- Can I try 0patch before buying it?
- Which operating systems are currently supported by 0patch?
- Are you planning on supporting Linux / MacOS / mobile platforms / IoT?
- How do I purchase 0patch licenses?
- How much does a 0patch PRO license cost?
- What do I get by purchasing a PRO license?
- How much does an Enterprise license cost?
- What do I get by purchasing an Enterprise license?
- How many licenses do I need for my computers?
- How do 0patch micropatches compare to "virtual patches" provided by some vendors?
- Which products are you providing micropatches for?
- Which vulnerabilities does 0patch provide micropatches for?
- What are PRO patches and how are they different from FREE patches?
- Are your patches as good as original vendor patches?
- How can you create a micropatch so much faster than the original vendor?
Post-End-of-Support Security Micropatches for Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows 10 v1803, 1809, 1909, 2004
- ★ Status of Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows 10 v1803/v1809/v1909/v2004/v21H1, and Office 2010 micropatches
- ★ How do you communicate the status of End-Of-Support micropatches?
- What do I have to do to receive post-EOS Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 micropatches?
- How long do you plan to provide Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Micropatches?
- Are post-EOS Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2, and Windows 10 micropatches also available to home/personal users?
- Can I use 0patch in parallel to Windows Extended Security Updates?
Office 2010 Post-End-of-Support Security Micropatches
- What do I have to do to receive post-EOS Office 2010 micropatches?
- Do you provide patches for all known vulnerabilities affecting Office 2010?
- How long do you plan to provide Office 2010 Micropatches?
- Are Office 2010 security patches part of 0patch PRO and Enterprise, or a separate subscription?
- Are post-EOS Office 2010 micropatches also available to home/personal users?
- Can I use Office 2010 micropatches on still-supported Windows versions such as Windows 10?
- Where can I download the latest 0patch Agent?
- Does 0patch Agent have to communicate with 0patch Server?
- How to set the firewall to allow 0patch Agent to work?
- Can 0patch Agent work through an HTTPS proxy?
- Why can't I launch 0patch Console by clicking on the 0patch icon?
- What data are agents sending to 0patch server, and why?
- What is 0patch Central?
- Which user roles does 0patch Central support?
- How do I separate testing and production computers in 0patch Central?
- How do I delete a computer from my account?
- Does deleting a computer in 0patch Central remove 0patch Agent from the computer?
- I have disabled an agent or a patch in 0patch Central, but they are still enabled on the computer